Herbal Theory and Preparation: Cooking with Patriot Nurse!
In this 3 day premium course offering, we will explore the what, why and how of creating herbal concoctions in a small group setting. Class size will be limited to 15 students to give greater 1:1 student attention.
What we'll cover
1) Herbal theory and why herbs work. Why they are distinct from pharmaceuticals and have long track records of success?
2) Classes of herbs and their general tendencies and actions. Where can we find these plants in nature? How to know when to harvest them? Which parts of the plant to use? How to prepare the different parts of the plant for maximum extraction of nutrient benefit?
3) How to select herbs for creating formulas that are problem-focused? How to build a solid recipe based on an individual's needs?
4) Preparing herbs in common delivery methods, including infusions, decoctions, fomentations, and much more
5) Choosing herbs to support specific body systems, allowing them to heal and resist disease. We will utilize applied muscle testing as a modality of choosing appropriate herbs.
6) Examine the role of herbs in medical preparedness and build the student's confidence in managing austere medical conditions in absence of pharmaceutical or standard medical access.
7) Discuss Biblical boundaries in healing and what it means to function as a healer operating in faith.
8) Self care as a healer and trends to be aware of.
Required Prerequisite: You MUST have taken and satisfactorily completed
1) Medical Prep 101/201 in person
There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy. This class is a premium course offering, only available to our most dedicated students.
Required texts to bring to class:
A notebook for note-taking.
School of Natural Healing by Dr. John Christopher
Medicinal Herbs by Rosemary Gladstar
Additionally, we ask that our students read (prior to class) the very valuable book:
Green Pharmacy by Barbara Griggs
We will be providing all preparatory equipment for our students to use during class, including cooking equipment, utensils, measuring devices, implements and everything needed to get your herbal preparation station going. You will also receive a very limited edition Patriot Nurse apron upon arrival!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations prior to 30 days before class will be refunded with a 20% fee per person per class. Cancellations less than 30 days before class will not be refunded. No exceptions. We will not grant refunds or transfers to students who fail to show to class for any reason. Registration is nontransferable between persons. You agree to abide by this policy when you register for class.
We reserve the right to cancel a class with reasonable notice given. We also reserve the right to cancel with no notice due to an emergency on our part, or an Act of God. All students who have not cancelled voluntarily will receive a full refund or the student can choose to apply the fees towards another class. If the class has to be cancelled due to lack of participants, it will be cancelled at 28 days from the class date and all students who have not cancelled voluntarily will receive a full refund.
By registering for a class, the participant agrees that in the event of a cancellation or otherwise, Patriot Nurse, will not be held legally or financially responsible for any fees, non-refundable or otherwise, related to airfares, other airfare penalties or other travel costs such as lodging, food or rental cars nor will they be responsible for lost wages due to time off from work.
Class Location: About a month before class, you'll receive an email detailing the exact class location. Class starts at 0900 and runs through approximately 1700. If you do not receive an email by one week before class, check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, shoot us an email through the contact page. It is your responsibility to check your email. We cannot be responsible for your email box and its configurations. Please make sure you furnish the correct email at registration.
Share this item: